Laser That Fluff Please!
Dr. Kenneth Sanders
In our culture, summer clothes and excess body hair equal a fashion disaster. How many times have you donned your swimsuit and gone to the pool or beach. You’re relaxing, watching the people go by and you suddenly think about shaving? Our body hair is not something we think about until it’s out there for everyone to see or when you see other people’s need for a shave. Shaving is a chore – part of your personal hygiene routine you’d much rather skip. Why do we have all this extra hair to begin with?
Humans have been going through an evolutionary process. Once, we were covered in hair. Over the course of time, this hair became unnecessary and, over the years, began to disappear. What remained and why we work so hard to get rid of it has become the subject of many sociological theories, cultural preferences and taboos.
Bottom line – we have hair on our armpits, legs, arms, chests, chins and pubic areas. Whether you prefer to be hairless in only the areas that can be seen or you want all the hair gone, we have the tools to make it happen.
The Cutera CoolGlide System offers safe and permanent results for laser hair removal and laser vein treatment. It can be used for all body parts like the face, legs, underarms and back, and sensitive areas like the chest, nipples and bikini line. What’s more, Cutera CoolGlide laser can treat men and women of all skin types and tones.
The procedure is relatively simple. As the CoolGlide hand piece glides along your skin a pulse of light is delivered. Some patients experience a mild pinching or stinging sensation.
Most areas require 3-6 treatments. However, the number of CoolGlide treatments required for optimal long-term benefits depends on your hair thickness, the area treated and your hair’s growth cycle.
Immediately following your CoolGlide treatment, the area may appear red and swollen. Three to seven days after treatment you may experience what seems to be regrowth of hair. Don’t panic! This is actually these hairs being shed as a result of your treatment. Hair may take up to 2 weeks to fall out.
- Avoid heat for 24 hours – hot tubs, saunas, etc.
- If a blister or crusting develops, treat as a wound. Do not ice a suspected burn
- Do not wax or pluck between treatments.
- Hair removal requires a series of treatments. The number of treatments depends on body location and type of hair. Average number of treatments is 5-8.
- Average treatment interval is 6-12 weeks depending on the body part. o The laser will only target hair in the “active” growth phase and there is no advantage to scheduling visits closer together. Back, Torso, Legs may have better outcome with longer treatment intervals
Typically, 6-10 treatments are needed so if you begin now, you will be swimsuit ready for summer 2017.
During the month of August, we are offering a Laser Hair Removal special of buy 5 treatments, get 1 FREE! Call to schedule your first treatment!